openconnect and Cisco VPN router RV042

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Dec 2 08:02:52 EST 2010

On Thu, 2010-12-02 at 13:22 +0100, O. Wagner wrote:
> Thanks for your reply and sorry for my late answer. I'm not a expert
> with this packet traces. I hope I did it right - see attachment. If you
> need another format I can try to change it.

That looks good; thanks.

It looks like it's making a simple HTTPS connection to the server, from
which it'll be downloading some configuration information and then
setting up an IPSec connection.

Can you point it at a secure web server of your own and see the query it
makes (you can do this with openssl s_server from the command line).

Then make that same query to the 'real' server and see what the response
looks like.... basically play man-in-the-middle until you can see what's
going on.

With a bit of luck you should be able to come up with a simple wrapper
which makes the HTTPS request to the server to get the details, then
invokes vpnc...