getaddrinfo failed: Servname not supported for ai_socktype

Matthew Kitchin (public/usenet) mkitchin.public at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 14:42:59 EDT 2010

  On 8/6/2010 6:22 PM, mk144210 at bcm.edu wrote:

> Fyi I dont even have a copy of OpenWRT trunk checked out at this point but I have been using vpnc to connect to school VPN for years with exactly a ping script that runs via cron every five minutes.
>
> I will tell you it works remarkably well.
>
> I did package openconnect for OpenWRT but my striking guess is that I went back to VPNC because I could not get openconnect to work better than my ping script set up.
>
> So honestly before you go spending hours on getting it working I would at the very least test it on a regular Linux machine to see if it will actually work any better than vpnc with a ping script set up via crontab.

I have played with it enough to see that I would like to give it a try.
I have some *very* basic instructions on how to compile a package for
Backfire.
https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=26014
Do you by any chance have the Makefile and any other Customizations you
made when you compiled openconnect for openwrt? I have tried following
guidelines for older version of openwrt and that didn't work. The
suggestion I got on the forum "Use the already existing Makefiles (from
other packages) for reference." hasn't really given me a lot to go on.