getaddrinfo failed: Servname not supported for ai_socktype

Matthew Kitchin (public/usenet) mkitchin.public at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 11:24:00 EDT 2010

  Thank you for creating this program. I'm excited about it's potential
for us!
I'm a newbie on this, so I apologize if I'm missing something obvious.
My previous experience is with VPNC, and I didn't have too many issues
there, so I'm hoping to have the same success with Openconnect.
I'm trying to get it running on OpenWRT Backfire 10.03. It installed
with no problems using the web interface for OpenWRT.
I copied the script from
http://git.infradead.org/users/dwmw2/vpnc-scripts.git/blob_plain/HEAD:/vpnc-script
I did not modify it at all, other than making it executable.
I tried to connect, and it fails with the error below.

root at OpenWrt:/etc/vpn-files# openconnect --script vpnc-script
https://216.248.9.102/
getaddrinfo failed: Servname not supported for ai_socktype
Failed to open HTTPS connection to https://216.248.9.102/
Failed to obtain WebVPN cookie

I appear to be running version 2.01
root at OpenWrt:/etc/vpn-files# openconnect --?
openconnect: unrecognized option `--?'
Usage:  openconnect [options] <server>
Open client for Cisco AnyConnect VPN, version v2.01-unknown

I googled 'getaddrinfo failed: Servname not supported for ai_socktype' ,
and everything I find refers to /etc/services, and that doesn't exist in
OpenWRT. I debated whether to ask this here or on the OpenWRT forum, and
I decided to start here.

Any suggestions?