problem with getaddrinfo

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sun Apr 4 19:12:13 EDT 2010

On Sat, 2010-04-03 at 13:04 +0200, Andrea Gamba wrote:
> getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known
> Failed to open HTTPS connection to medea.ircc.unito.it:443

Now I'm home and at a real computer, I can confirm that this was fixed
in v2.20, released on January 4th. The precise commit is
http://git.infradead.org/users/dwmw2/openconnect.git/commitdiff/f3698c26

The problem was that it wasn't attempting to parse the port number at
all, and was hence trying to do a DNS lookup for the host name
'media.ircc.unito.it:443', including the colon and the digits. Which
obviously fails.

David.Woodhouse at intel.com                              Intel Corporation