Which branch should this patch be based against?

Glenn Washburn development at efficientek.com
Mon Feb 27 08:33:36 PST 2023

Hi,

On Fri, 27 Jan 2023 19:41:59 -0600
Glenn Washburn <development at efficientek.com> wrote:

> Let hostfs handle idmapped mounts. This allows to have the same hostfs
> mount appear in multiple locations with different id mappings.

This patch is based off of linux-next in the Richard's UML repo[1].
However, I've noticed that this patch needs some modifications to be
applied against the tip[2]. So I'm wondering which branch in what repo
is best to base patches from?

Glenn

[1] git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rw/uml.git
[2] git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip.git