Occasional hung with UM after enable VMAP_STACK

Walter Lozano walter.lozano at collabora.com
Tue Jan 4 10:10:06 PST 2022

Hi all,

I noticed that after "um: enable VMAP_STACK" [1] I experienced some
occasional hung in my Gitlab CI jobs that use user-mode-linux to build
distro images. The configuration use for the building is the one
available from Debian, see [2] and [3]. Unfortunately I don't have much
information, when the issue arises the job seems to hang and it is
cancelled by Gitlab due to a job timeout.

So far I did some bisect to get the commit which introduces the issue
and a quick check with latest Linux stable branch master to confirm the
issue is still present. I know this is not a proper bug report but I
thought it will be better to at least raise a comment.

Thanks in advance,

Walter

[1] http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-um/2021-August/001657.html

[2] https://packages.debian.org/bookworm/user-mode-linux