linux uml segfault

Anton Ivanov anton.ivanov at kot-begemot.co.uk
Tue Mar 2 11:34:05 GMT 2021

On 02/03/2021 09:09, Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:
> On Wed, 2021-02-24 at 11:44 +0000, Anton Ivanov wrote:
>> In all cases it boots cleanly and there are no segfaults.
>>
>> So, frankly, no idea what is causing it to crash - I have run most
>> combinations of 5.10 on a 5.10, all work fine here.
>
> Is there any other way I can help you with this issue ?
> I do have the core dump available on my local machine.

If gdb gives you the exact lines, that may be helpful.

I have looked through the bt several times, it is something through which my set-up cruises through.

The actual moment you see in the backtrace is this one:

[    0.080000] random: get_random_u32 called from bucket_table_alloc.isra.0+0x115/0x13d with crng_init=0

However, in your case, instead of getting this printk warning out it blows up.

Why - I don't know.

A.

Anton R. Ivanov
https://www.kot-begemot.co.uk/