linux uml segfault

Ritesh Raj Sarraf rrs at debian.org
Tue Feb 23 12:26:37 EST 2021

Added the debian bug report in CC.

On Tue, 2021-02-23 at 17:19 +0000, Anton Ivanov wrote:
> > The current Debian user-mode-linux package in unstable is based on
> > the 5.10.5 stable source which includes the mentioned patch, but is
> > still causing an error for some users.
>
> After updating the tree to 5.10.5 and applying all Debian patches
> from the package, I cannot reproduce the bug.
>
> I am running it on 5.10, 5.2 and 4.19 hosts with the same parameters
> without issues. Hosts are all up to date Debian 10.8 and so is the
> UML userspace.

Did you mean 5.10, 5.2 and 4.19 (UML) guests ?

We've seen this happen on Debian Testing and Unstable Host (of which
the former would soon be the next stable i.e. Debian Bullseye).

In our tests, when running the same linux uml binary (5.10) on a Debian
Stable Host, it is working fine.

--
Ritesh Raj Sarraf | http://people.debian.org/~rrs
Debian - The Universal Operating System