ARC rebootstrap prereq (was Re: switching ARC to 64-bit time_t )

Helmut Grohne helmut at subdivi.de
Wed Aug 26 11:43:54 EDT 2020

Hi Vineet,

On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 02:39:53PM +0000, Vineet Gupta wrote:
> Following up as ARC glibc port was merged upstream in 2.32. Can we now give
> rebootstrap a spin for ARC Debian enablement.

That's great news. Unfortunately, it's not that easy yet. rebootstrap
requires the relevant software to be packaged for Debian and the glibc
packaging has only reached 2.31 yet. 2.32 is not even in experimental
yet.

Trying rebootstrap with an experimental glibc is not entirely trivial,
but possible.

Aurelien (Cced via d-glibc at l.d.o), are there plans to upload 2.32 to
experimental anytime soon?

Alternatively, can we segregate the relevant diff between 2.31 and 2.32
and apply it to the unstable package without bumping the version?

Helmut