glibc: nptl/tst-cancel17 and librt issue

Zack Weinberg zackw at panix.com
Tue Nov 21 13:40:11 PST 2017

On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 4:25 PM, Vineet Gupta
<Vineet.Gupta1 at synopsys.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to run glibc test suite as part of prereq for ARC port
> submission, running into some landmines.
>
> make subdirs=nptl check fails as librt.so fails to link due to missing
> pthread symbols. The real librt built does have libpthread.so in its link
> cmd hence is fine, but not this librt.

I've tripped over this myself but only when trying to do an
incremental rebuild under conditions where an incremental build won't
work.  I do not know what those conditions are: I only know that
blowing away the build tree and starting over from scratch has, until
now, cured the problem.

Are you seeing this in a build from scratch, not overriding subdirs?

zw