[PATCH 0/3 v8] hsdk: initial port for HSDK board
Eugeniy.Paltsev at synopsys.com
Wed Jul 12 02:40:20 PDT 2017
This series introduces some required preparations and initial
port of ARC HS Development Kit board with some basic features such
as serial port, USB, SD/MMC and Ethernet.
Essentially we run Linux kernel on all 4 cores (i.e. utilize SMP) and
heavily use IO Coherency for speeding-up DMA-aware peripherals.
Note as opposed to other ARC boards we link Linux kernel to
0x9000_0000 intentionally because cores 1 and 3 configured with DCCM
situated at our more usual link base 0x8000_0000.
Note that two patches of this series ("ARC: Decouple linux kernel memory
address and link address" and "ARC: Set IO-coherency aperture base to
LINUX_LINK_BASE") are prerequisites for HDSK support as its hardware
configuration differs quite a bit from what we used to have on other
Alexey Brodkin (1):
ARC: hsdk: initial port for HSDK board
Eugeniy Paltsev (2):
ARC: Set IO-coherency aperture base to LINUX_LINK_BASE
ARC: Decouple linux kernel memory address and link address
Changes v7 -> v8:
* DTS: move cpu_intc, idu_intc, arcpct, timer, gfrc nodes to root
level and out of the cpus node.
* DTS: add vendor-specific compatible for ohci and ehci nodes.
* DTS: style fixes
Changes v6 -> v7:
* DTS: get rid of skeleton.dts, move cpus nodes to hsdk.dts
* DTS: style fixes
* Enable loadable modules, module unloading and NFS client as defaults
* Get rid of ARC_PLAT_HSDK board config option
Changes v5 -> v6:
* Add support of USB-to-HDMI adapter
* Revert removing of resetting CREG_PAE bits.
PAE remapping for DMA clients does not work due to an RTL bug, so
CREG_PAE register must be programmed to all zeroes, otherwise it
will cause problems with DMA to/from peripherals even if PAE40 is
Changes v4 -> v5:
* Move DCCM outside of 0x8000_0000 adress at kernel boot time.
* Decouple linux kernel memory address and link address.
* Remove hardcoding of IO-coherency aperture base.
* Remove resetting CREG_PAE bits as default value is suitable for us.
Changes v3 -> v4:
* Removed senseless "ranges" property from "memory" node in .dts
* Refined early-boot code:
- ICCM relocation should be done on each and every core that sports ICCM
so we leave it in init_per_cpu(). Even though init_per_cpu() gets called
on the master core pretty late still it is way much earlier than that
moment when it might affect us - as it only huts us when addresses in
0x7z-0x7fff_ffff range are used, i.e. virtual addresses that we don't
use during init. This also makes code much cleaner compared to
additional check in case of master etc.
Changes v2 -> v3:
* Added Rob to Cc-list for DT binding approval
* Removed mention of prerequsite patch from commit message
* Removed hsdk_early_init() as hsdk_init_per_cpu() is executed on
all cores anyways including master
* Cleaned-up board's .dts a little bit
* Removed CONFIG_DP83867_PHY from defconfig as it was only used on
FPGA prototype, on real board we use MICREL PHY which is still selected
Changes v1 -> v2:
* Update copyright year from 2016 to more up to date 2017
* Merge early UART clock with AXS10x as in both cases that's 33.3 MHz
* Bump memory to 1Gb, we don't use more for now because it requires
trickier IOC setup and usage
* Update early platform init code:
- Added missing fixup_pae_regs() to per-cpu init
- Mark most of functions as "static __init"
- Use writel_relaxed() for setting CREG_PAE, CREG_PAE_UPDATE is still
written with stronger writel() since we don't want reordering to happen,
otherwise value written to CREG_PAE won't be applied
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arc/hsdk.txt | 7 ++
arch/arc/Kconfig | 6 +
arch/arc/Makefile | 1 +
arch/arc/boot/dts/hsdk.dts | 150 +++++++++++++++++++++++++
arch/arc/boot/dts/include/dt-bindings | 1 +
arch/arc/configs/hsdk_defconfig | 72 ++++++++++++
arch/arc/include/asm/page.h | 2 +-
arch/arc/kernel/devtree.c | 5 +-
arch/arc/mm/cache.c | 33 ++++--
arch/arc/mm/init.c | 6 +-
arch/arc/plat-hsdk/Kconfig | 12 ++
arch/arc/plat-hsdk/Makefile | 9 ++
arch/arc/plat-hsdk/platform.c | 77 +++++++++++++
13 files changed, 366 insertions(+), 15 deletions(-)
create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arc/hsdk.txt
create mode 100644 arch/arc/boot/dts/hsdk.dts
create mode 120000 arch/arc/boot/dts/include/dt-bindings
create mode 100644 arch/arc/configs/hsdk_defconfig
create mode 100644 arch/arc/plat-hsdk/Kconfig
create mode 100644 arch/arc/plat-hsdk/Makefile
create mode 100644 arch/arc/plat-hsdk/platform.c
More information about the linux-snps-arc