[PATCH v5 0/2] DW DMAC: update device tree
Eugeniy.Paltsev at synopsys.com
Thu Nov 24 07:04:36 PST 2016
It wasn't possible to enable some features like
memory-to-memory transfers or multi block transfers via DT.
It is fixed by these patches.
Changes for v5:
* Update existing DTS. Pointed by Andy Shevchenko.
* Read multi-block per chanel instead of per master (Move
DW_DMA_MAX_NR_CHANNELS define from regs.h to dma-dw.h to
implement this) Pointed by Andy Shevchenko.
Changes for v4:
* Fix setting inverted value to "dwc->nollp". My fault - I
tested with wrong DTS, so DMAC was configured from autoconfig
instead of device tree. Pointed by Andy Shevchenko.
* Update "multi-block" diescription in documentation to be more
clear. Pointed by Arnd Bergmann.
Changes for v3:
* Update existing platform data.
We don't need to update existing DTS because default logic
wasn't change: we don't set "is_nollp" if we read
configuration from DT before. And we don't set it now if
"multi-block" property doesn't exist in DTS.
Changes for v2:
* I thought about is_memcpy DT property: all known devices, which
use DT for configuration, support memory-to-memory transfers.
So we don't need to read it from DT. So enable it by default,
if we read configuration from DT.
* Use "multi-block" instead of "hw-llp" name to be more clear.
* Move adding DT property and adding documentation for this
property to one patch.
Eugeniy Paltsev (2):
DW DMAC: enable memory-to-memory transfers support
DW DMAC: add multi-block property to device tree
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/dma/snps-dma.txt | 2 ++
arch/arc/boot/dts/abilis_tb10x.dtsi | 1 +
arch/arm/boot/dts/spear13xx.dtsi | 2 ++
drivers/dma/dw/core.c | 2 +-
drivers/dma/dw/platform.c | 15 ++++++++++++++-
drivers/dma/dw/regs.h | 3 ++-
drivers/tty/serial/8250/8250_lpss.c | 2 +-
include/linux/platform_data/dma-dw.h | 5 +++--
8 files changed, 26 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)
More information about the linux-snps-arc