cross compilers [was build failure of sorts]

Vineet Gupta Vineet.Gupta1 at synopsys.com
Tue Jun 21 02:59:53 PDT 2016

On Tuesday 21 June 2016 03:15 PM, Peter Zijlstra wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 09:28:56AM +0000, Vineet Gupta wrote:

>>> I can run that build again and send you the resulting log files in
>>> private.
>>
>> Thx for the off-list log. The issue is gdb not yet upstream. So it seems we will
>> have to wait for things on upstreaming to settle down before I can formally update
>> segher's scripts to support ARC.
>
> Ah, lemme add --disable-gdb to the binutils build.

Right - that works around gdb, but gcc upstream still has partial support for
ARCv2 with patches being reviewed very sloooowly by the old ARC port maintainer.
You could give it a try though !

> Should arc-*-* list gdb in their noconfigdirs like many other archs do
> too?

Yeah indeed that chould be done while gdb upstream is waiting. @Anton can we do
that - update binutils/configure.ac to not configure gdb for ARC.