Build failures in -next due to 'locking/atomic, arch/arc: Implement atomic_fetch_{add,sub,and,andnot,or,xor}()'

Peter Zijlstra peterz at infradead.org
Sat Jun 18 00:05:01 PDT 2016

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 10:22:46PM +0200, Vineet Gupta wrote:
> On Friday 17 June 2016 06:04 PM, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> >> I've misplaced my arc compiler, but does this make it go again?
> > There's no arc compiler on korg's cross-building directory.
>
> Yeah, I'd requested that a few times...
>
> However we do have ARC kernels building at atleast 2 places
> 1. Guenther's build service which sent this error report
> 2. kisskb build by Michale Ellerman
>
> Although I don't know if it is possible to download cross tools from either of above.
>
> @Peter, upstream buildroot allows you to build toolchain for ARC ! Trust me it
> does build :-)

I use segher's buildall script.

buildroot doesn't look useful. I seems to build to only build one target
at a time, and build a crapload of cross-userspace, I just want a
compiler. And I'm most certainly not going to build the compilers one
by one.

The buildall script I put to work and after about an hour I have however
many of the 20+ targets that build with gcc.git and binutils.git cross
compilers.