vc4.ko causes another misterious error

Ryutaroh Matsumoto ryutaroh at ict.e.titech.ac.jp
Sat Mar 27 00:17:35 GMT 2021

Hi Stefan, thank you for your response.

>> I should be able to do that. But before doing that, I'd like to confirm the following situation.
>> The reported problem between 5GHz WiFi and vc4.ko is observed with
>> plain Debian kernel 5.10.24 and Debian firmware-brcm80211 20201218-3.
> this is a kernel mailing list, so we only try to fix kernel issues.
> Firmware issues must be forwarded to the Raspberry Pi foundation who
> finally forward this to Cypress.

I'd like to draw your attention to the fact that Debian firmware-brcm80211
is maintained by the Debian kernel team, and I believe Raspberry Pi foundation
can take no responsibility of Debian firmware-brcm80211.
Raspberry Pi foundation provide its own versions of firmware-brcm80211,
whose installation script fails on Debian 11 Bullseye.
I can extract files from Raspberry Pi foundation's firmware-brcm80211
and test 5GHz with the extracted files if it is desirable.

I wonder what firmware files are expected to be used with the upstream kernel.
Debian firmware-brcm80211 is known to have several packaging errors recently.

> So please stick to firmware-brcm80211 20201218-3 for our investigations
> regarding the 5 GHz issue.

Please give me several days (or a bit more). As we are in the change of fiscal years,
I am busier than the usual.
Best regards, Ryutaroh