[RFC PATCH] drivers: Raspbery Pi Sense Hat
Nicolas Saenz Julienne
nsaenzjulienne at suse.de
Thu Apr 8 17:16:09 BST 2021
Hi Joel, thanks for having a look at this.
On Wed, 2021-04-07 at 20:03 -0400, Joel Savitz wrote:
> From: Joel Savitz <joelsavitz at gmail.com>
> This is a forward port of the Rapsberry Pi Sense Hat driver from the
> downstream Raspberry Pi kernel tree.
> I have slightly consolidated things and done some quick testing of this
> driver on Fedora (which comes with the device tree blobs), and I want to
> do a bit more testing before submiting the driver for inclusion in
> mainline Linux.
> I would like to get some feedback from the community on what may need to
> be improved, fixed, or changed as early as possible, so this is a request
> for comments.
> Signed-off-by: Joel Savitz <joelsavitz at gmail.com>
Some random comments:
- Can you share more info on the HW, is this a uC on the other side? etc...
- A driver that depends on DT should have bindings.
- Please have a look at a modern MFD device handles things. New APIs appeared.
See for example the 'atc260x' driver available in linux-next.
- Try to use regmap so as not having to export functions across modules.
- No need to explicitly schedule the interrupt in the joystick driver. New IRQ
APIs can handle that. See devm_request_threaded_irq().
- I don't think adding new FB drivers is possible, the whole subsystem is in
the process of being deprecated. I believe there is an equivalent framework
in DRM to cater for these simple FB devices.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 488 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
More information about the linux-rpi-kernel