rpi 4 defconfig for linux mainline

Stefan Wahren stefan.wahren at i2se.com
Fri Aug 28 08:54:58 EDT 2020

Hi,

Am 28.08.20 um 11:20 schrieb Peter Robinson:
>>   Does anybody have a (minimal) rpi 4 defconfig for linux mainline?
>> Did anybody port linux mainline to rpi 4?
> I think the bcm2835_defconfig for arm32 should work as a starting
> point, or defconfig on arm64

unfortunately there is no minimal version for RPi 4. For ARM (32 bit) i
suggest to use multi_v7_defconfig + CONFIG_ARM_LPAE and
CONFIG_PCIE_BRCMSTB. bcm2835_defconfig is very limited and more intended
for bcm2711 build tests.

You should use a mainline kernel with at least version 5.7, but newer is
better.

Here are more information about the current upstream status:

https://github.com/lategoodbye/rpi-zero/issues/43

Regards