revert scope for 5.8, was Re: dma-pool fixes

Amit Pundir amit.pundir at linaro.org
Sun Aug 2 00:46:40 EDT 2020

On Sat, 1 Aug 2020 at 23:09, Christoph Hellwig <hch at lst.de> wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 01, 2020 at 05:27:04PM +0530, Amit Pundir wrote:
> > Hi, I found the problematic memory region. It was a memory
> > chunk reserved/removed in the downstream tree but was
> > seemingly reserved upstream for different drivers. I failed to
> > calculate the length of the total region reserved downstream
> > correctly. And there was still a portion of memory left unmarked,
> > which I should have marked as reserved in my testing earlier
> > today.
> >
> > Sorry for all the noise and thanks Nicolas, Christoph and David
> > for your patience.
>
> So you'll need to patch the upstream DTS to fix this up?  Do you also
> need my two fixes?  What about the Oneplus phones?  Can you send a
> mail with a summary of the status?

Poco's DTS is not upstreamed yet. I have updated it for this fix
and sent out a newer version for review.
https://lkml.org/lkml/2020/8/1/184

I didn't need to try your two add-on fixes. I'll give them a spin
later today.

I'm sure One Plus 6 and 6T will be running into similar problem.
I'll check with Caleb and send out a status mail with the summary.

Regards,
Amit Pundir