revert scope for 5.8, was Re: dma-pool fixes

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Sat Aug 1 14:28:38 EDT 2020

On Sat, Aug 1, 2020 at 4:57 AM Amit Pundir <amit.pundir at linaro.org> wrote:

> Hi, I found the problematic memory region. It was a memory
> chunk reserved/removed in the downstream tree but was
> seemingly reserved upstream for different drivers.

Is this happening with a clean tree, or are there external drivers
involved that trigger the problem?

Because if it's a clean tree, I guess I need to do an rc8 anyway, just
to get whatever workaround you then added to devicetree and/or some
driver to make it work again.

Or is there a quick fix that I can get today or early tomorrow? We had
some confusion this week due to a nasty include header mess, but
despite that there hasn't been anything else that has come up (so
far), so..

                       Linus