[RFC] Remaining drivers in RPI github tree/which drivers to submit

Michael Zoran mzoran at crowfest.net
Tue Jan 31 20:27:52 PST 2017

Here is a list of the remaining drivers that I know about in the
downstream RPI github tree. I was wondering which ones are planned to
be submitted and which ones need to stay on github.

dwc_otg     - Host only USB driver(Probably not submittable)
bcm2708_fb  - DMA accelerated simple video driver(Also not submittable)
vc_cma      - Manages shared memory between GPU and ARM(Never worked
well)
vc_mem      - Allows for querying the GPU memory and memory mapping it
vc_io       - User mode mailbox access
vc_sm       - Support for the VC shared memory
bcm2835-gpiomem - GPIO access from user mode
bcm2835_smi_dev - Driver for secondary memory interface(Not sure what
it does).

vc_mem and vc_sm are already mentioned in the TODO list for
vchiq/vc04_services to be submitted.

What about the other drivers?