4.10-rc3 rpi issues

Michael Zoran mzoran at crowfest.net
Wed Jan 18 08:41:21 PST 2017

On Wed, 2017-01-18 at 13:48 +0100, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
>   Hi,
>
> > > wifi still broken.
> >
> > okay, here are further suggestions:
> >
> > * add usbcore.autosuspend=-1 to kernel cmdline
>
> No effect.
>
> > * revert the 4.10 changes for your wifi driver
>
> No effect either.
>
> > * test the wifi dongle in a different hardware platform with 4.10-
> > rc4
>
> Doing fine on a x86 box.
>
> Hmm.
>
> cheers,
>   Gerd

I was sorting through some old hardware, and I noticed that I picked up
an edimax wifi dongle from Amazon or such awhile ago.  I stopped using
it because it's only N and not AC and what for I was trying to do N
isn't fast enough.

Anyway, if all you have is the edimax and a keyboard attached I might
be able to reproduce the error locally on an RPI 2 myself and might be
able to give the owners of dwc2 some debugging info. I have a USB bus
analyzer that I bought a long time ago so I can probably send them
useful packet captures.

Maybe you can e-mail me your build .config file and I'll see if I can
reproduce the issue.

The edimax wifi dongle I have has the module number: EW-7811Un.

I'm assuming nothing is special about the keyboard and the RPI 2,
correct?