4.10-rc3 rpi issues

Gerd Hoffmann kraxel at redhat.com
Mon Jan 16 05:24:25 PST 2017

  Hi,

> maybe we should try a different strategy:
>
> * checkout tag 4.10-rc4
> * revert all dwc2 commits until ffc4b4067e1bb639834a716b4148efce736b2ba6 ("
> usb: dwc2: cleanup with list_first_entry_or_null()")
>
> So we are able to see if it's dwc2 related or not.

reverted them all:

for commit in $(git log --oneline v4.9..v4.10-rc4 -- drivers/usb/dwc2 |
cut -d" " -f1); do git revert --no-edit $commit || break; done

wifi still broken.

> Btw wifi isn't a fast test scenario, is the keyboard issue reliable?

Not really.  Usually I notice this only when trying to login quickly
after boot.  Boot, then wait a few minutes, then login usually works
fine even with kernels where wifi is broken.  So this isn't a reliable
test either.

Possibly the issue is more likely to show up on a loaded system.  Trying
"systemctl restart wpa_supplicant" after a few minutes (when boot
activity has settled) doesn't fix wifi though.

cheers,
  Gerd