4.10-rc3 rpi issues

Gerd Hoffmann kraxel at redhat.com
Wed Jan 11 06:29:25 PST 2017

  Hi,

Moved my pile of patches forward to 4.10-rc3, so I can see what actually
landed in the 4.10 merge window, and go try send/resend patches for 4.11

Trapped into a bunch of problems:

usb is flaky.  raspberry pi 2 b.  Has a edimax wifi dongle, and that
stopped working.  rtl8xxxu driver.  Doesn't find any wifi networks.  usb
keyboard has problems too, looses keys now and then, which makes me
think this is more a usb than a wifi problem.  I had that before, with
the 4.8 kernels.  4.9 works fine.  Now with 4.10-rc3 the problems are
back :(  Anyone seen this too?  Any clues what this might be?

Non-modular kernel crashes at boot.  Using that to netboot kernels
cross-compiled on my faster x86 box.  Have no serial console hooked up,
so no logs for now, sorry.  But maybe anyone has an idea nevertheless?

cheers,
  Gerd