[RFC 0/2] BCM283x Camera Receiver driver

Hans Verkuil hverkuil at xs4all.nl
Wed Aug 30 03:45:41 PDT 2017

On 30/08/17 11:40, Dave Stevenson wrote:
> Hi Hans.
>
> On 28 August 2017 at 15:15, Hans Verkuil <hverkuil at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>> Hi Dave,
>>
>> What is the status of this work? I ask because I tried to use this driver
>> plus my tc358743 on my rpi-2b without any luck. Specifically the tc358843
>> isn't able to read from the i2c bus.
>
> I was on other things until last week, but will try to get a V2 sorted
> either this week or early next.
> The world moved on slightly too, so there are a few more updates
> around fwnode stuff that I ought to adopt.
>
>> This is probably a bug in my dts, if you have a tree somewhere containing
>> a working dts for this, then that would be very helpful.
>
> Almost certainly just pin ctrl on the I2C bus. The default for i2c0 is
> normally to GPIOs 0&1 as that is exposed on the 40 pin header
> (physical pins 27&28). The camera is on GPIOs 28&29 (alt0) for the
> majority of Pi models (not the Pi3, or the early model B).

Yep, that was the culprit!

I now see the tc, but streaming doesn't work yet. I'm not getting any
interrupts in the unicam driver.

BTW, when s_dv_timings is called, then you need to update the v4l2_format
as well to the new width and height. I noticed that that didn't happen.

Anyway, this is good enough for me for now since I want to add CEC support
to the tc driver, and I do not need streaming for that...

Regards,

	Hans