Functional testing of mainline vchiq driver

Stefan Wahren stefan.wahren at i2se.com
Mon Oct 31 03:21:32 PDT 2016

> Michael Zoran <mzoran at crowfest.net> hat am 30. Oktober 2016 um 18:00
> geschrieben:
>

> Going back to the cache line size issue.
>
> I'm wondering if it's important to people to not have an override, if
> it would just make sense to use a reasonably large value in the DT that
> works on all the platforms.  Say 64 or 128.  I mean, I think the line
> size is sent over to the firmware in the driver init so making the
> number too big is just a performance issue and not a correctness issue,
> right?

If i change g_cache_line_size to 64 on a Raspberry Pi B then i get this:

$ vchiq_test -f 10
Functional test - iters:10
======== iteration 1 ========
vchiq_test: 1: Data corrupted at 0-0 (datalen 1, align fe0, server_align 0) ->
80
vchiq_test: 891: func_data_test(service, size, PAGE_SIZE - align, srvr_align &
31) != VCHIQ_SUCCESS