bcm2835 vchiq driver roadmap aka TODO file

Greg Kroah-Hartman gregkh at linuxfoundation.org
Thu Oct 13 04:20:00 PDT 2016

On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 12:43:04PM +0200, Stefan Wahren wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> i'm back from holiday and noticed that the vchiq driver is in staging.
> Unfortunately checkpatch.pl complains about a lot of style issues:
>
> total: 396 errors, 1098 warnings, 864 checks, 12823 lines checked

Oh, we have bigger issues than just checkpatch cleanups, seems there are
still some build issues, and I'm working on resolving them, hopefully
it can be fixed soon...

checkpatch cleanups are easy to do, once 4.9-rc1 is out I imagine we
will see lots of community members start doing this.

> Do you already have a roadmap to get this driver out of staging?
>
> Btw usually there is a TODO file which summarize the necessary tasks in order to
> coordinate them.

Hm, I thought we had a TODO file for this, but you are right, we need
one.  Patches gladly accepted :)

thanks,

greg k-h