Including Raspberry Pi -next trees in linux-next

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Tue Jan 5 13:26:33 PST 2016

On Tuesday 05 January 2016 13:22:49 Stephen Warren wrote:

> Typically maintainers merge everything together into a single "for-next"
> to maintain a reasonable set of branches. I guess it doesn't affect me
> so my opinion isn't too relevant though:-)

In my experience the common for-next branch works best because
you can change the set of branches that get merged into it as
needed. If there are 6 branches today, it's quite likely that there
will be another one in the future and if only one branch gets
merged into for-next, you don't need to worry about updating the list.

	Arnd