Using Mini UART on RPI CM

Martin Sperl kernel at martin.sperl.org
Wed Sep 30 23:59:45 PDT 2015

> On 30.09.2015, at 22:18, Eric Anholt <eric at anholt.net> wrote:
>> Did i miss something in my board dts file to enable the aux uart clock?
>
> That branch looks like it needs the submitted version of "Add a driver
> for the auxiliary peripheral clock gates" instead, which I think would
> fix this problem.
>
> https://github.com/anholt/linux/commit/c57cca7e0e96781ba3b9a0d0ab1069c0c20e0677

That is my guess as well - and yes, that patch requires the clock-patch
of Eric to be installed - I wish it was there already!

If you need a hacky solution have a user-space program to set registers
0x20215004 directly (via mmap) to 0x1 and then it should also work...

As for the official driver - as per Stephen, I will need to write a wrapper
driver around 8250 instantiating the driver with the “patched” clocks.
But I am waiting for the clocks and spiaux to go in first...

Martin