[Possible bug] reboot doesn't work for Raspberry Pi

Stephen Warren swarren at wwwdotorg.org
Tue Oct 20 19:27:46 PDT 2015

On 10/15/2015 12:52 PM, Eric Anholt wrote:
> Stefan Wahren <info at lategoodbye.de> writes:

>>> The system works well enough without this feature. select is
>>> usually best for things that are absolutely necessary for the
>>> system to run at all (e.g. support for the CPU architecture),
>>> and everything else is usually left configurable so people can
>>> turn it off if they want. I could see the argument for "default
>>> y" in the Kconfig, but probably not "select" for this.
>>>

>> Does it mean bcm2835_defconfig shouldn't be changed?
>>
>> Noralf, do you still want to send a patch?
>
> FWIW, I'd love to see a defconfig patch to enable definitely
> 2835-relevant features.  I haven't sorted out how to generate
> defconfig changes myself, yet.

To generate .config from bcm2835_defconfig:

CROSS_COMPILE=whatever make ARCH=arm bcm2835_defconfig

To edit .config to add/remove the options you want:

CROSS_COMPILE=whatever make ARCH=arm menuconfig
(or there are other options)

To re-generate bcm2835_defconfig:

CROSS_COMPILE=whatever make ARCH=arm savedefconfig
mv defconfig arch/arm/configs/bcm2835_defconfig
# git diff ...