RaspberryPi SoC (mach) changes due for v4.2

Eric Anholt eric at anholt.net
Fri May 15 11:25:27 PDT 2015

Arnd Bergmann <arnd at arndb.de> writes:

> On Thursday 14 May 2015 10:25:43 Lee Jones wrote:
>> Eric Anholt (3):
>>       ARM: bcm2835: Skip doing our own iotable_init() initialization
>>       ARM: bcm2835: Drop the init_irq() hook
>>       ARM: bcm2835: Move the restart/power_off handling to the WDT driver
>>

> Very nice!
>
> Do you already know if the bcm2836 support will be ready in time for 4.2?

For 2836 we need the firmware driver, dt-clocks driver, and extension of
the interrupt controller.  I also need to rebase the 2836 series to
handle the dtsi sharing better.  Unless getting review and acceptance
speeds up massively, I'd be skeptical of it even for 4.3 -- just mbox
took 2 months to land, and firmware, dt-clocks, bcm2836 intc, and
bcm2836 dtsi are each of similar scale.