Question about GPIO as interrupt source

Noralf Tronnes notro at tronnes.org
Tue Jan 13 12:13:32 PST 2015

Den 13.01.2015 20:14, skrev Stefan Wahren:
> Hi,
>
> i want to define a GPIO (GPIO23 in my example) as an interrupt source
> for a SPI device node. I've looked at [1], but after all i still do
> not known how to define the interrupts property. I know the property
> must have 2 cells.
>
> I don't have a clue, how the mapping between interrupt and GPIO work
> on the Raspberry Pi.

Here are two examples of SPI connected touch controllers using gpio irq's:
https://github.com/notro/fbtft/blob/master/dts/overlays/rpi/rpi-display-overlay.dts#L61
https://github.com/notro/fbtft/blob/master/dts/overlays/rpi/pitft-overlay.dts#L60

The files are DT overlays used with the recent support added to the
VideoCore bootloader:
http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=93015
For the curious, this DT kernel is still using ARCH_BCM2708, but
ARCH_BCM2835 is now finally within view.

Regards,
Noralf Trønnes