BCM2836 (Raspberry Pi 2) port

Stephen Warren swarren at wwwdotorg.org
Thu Apr 23 21:25:08 PDT 2015

On 04/21/2015 12:09 PM, Eric Anholt wrote:
> This is my first submission of a Raspberry Pi 2 port.  It can be found
> at https://github.com/anholt/linux/tree/bcm2836
>
> I'm using the 2835 interrupt controller support, without adding the
> checks for ARM local interrupts first.  That means no support for IPIs
> (and thus no SMP), no PMU events, and no local timer (I'm using the
> same 2835 peripheral one).
>
> It supports a similar featureset to Pi 1 at this point.  Serial and SD
> cards work.  Just one CPU supported.  USB (ethernet) works if you use
> U-Boot, or my mailbox series
> (https://github.com/anholt/linux/tree/bcm2836-mbox).

I can't quite get this to work. I think what's happening is that U-Boot
is over-writing the location of the code/data that the CPU1..3 pin loop
uses. Do you know what that address is so I can confirm that?

I suspect this because when I load the kernel/DT in U-Boot, or when I
jump to the kernel to boot it, I see lots of extra duplicated characters
on the UART, like all 4 CPUs are booting Linux. For example: