bcm2835_gpio_direction_output not setting up GPIO value

Stephen Warren swarren at wwwdotorg.org
Mon Apr 6 19:47:28 PDT 2015

On 04/06/2015 04:09 AM, Noralf Trønnes wrote:
> There has recently been 3 fixes to that driver in the raspberrypi fork:
>
> pinctrl-bcm2835: bcm2835_gpio_direction_output must set the value
> https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/commit/c288c0ec3edd40e090f49c5575c15cd0d9dac413
>

> pinctrl-bcm2835: Fix interrupt handling for GPIOs 28-31 and 46-53
> https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/commit/11f2a1f8db91523fbcf10f8428f407cf3b37f936
>

> pinctrl-bcm2835: Only request the interrupts listed in the DTB
> https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/commit/5dbbf705cb9d78fd740d2270d9141c3a88af0406
>

> Sadly they haven't made it into mainline.
> Maybe you can look at that Martin?

I note that none of those 3 commits (at least) in the RPi kernel have a
signed-off-by line:-( I'm not sure why the RPi kernel doesn't follow the
standard development process. Anyway, in order to upstream those
patches, you'd need to contact the original authors of those patches and
get them to provide a s-o-b line, assuming they agree with the meaning
of s-o-b in Documentation/SubmittingPatches.