Working 3.17-rc4 (or as current as possible) .config

Noralf Tronnes notro at tronnes.org
Mon Sep 15 08:57:08 PDT 2014

Den 15.09.2014 17:31, skrev Stephen Warren:
> On 09/14/2014 09:50 AM, Rodrigo Stuffs wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm trying to build an upstream kernel for my RPI; however I'm unable
>> to boot its zImage. It gets stuck at a Starting Kernel and never boots.
>>
>> Using the very same boot parameters I'm able to boot a raspbian
>> zImage, so it seems that it is indeed a kernel setup failure, and not
>> a u-boot
>>
>> So, can someone please post a good (and current) .config, ideally a
>> 3.17-rc4, so I can craft my kernel using this .config as a template?
>
> bcm2835_defconfig should work.
>
> You probably still need U-Boot to boot an upstream kernel in order to
> provide the correct Device Tree blob.
The VideoCore bootloader should be able to boot ARCH_BCM2835 now, but I
can't remember if I actually tried it.
At least it handles the memory size correctly (only the ARM available
memory is reported to the kernel).
https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/wiki/Device-Tree-on-ARCH_BCM2708#bootloader-setup