RPi B+: linux-next / mainline and usb & ethernet

Matthias Klein matthias.klein at linux.com
Tue Nov 4 00:31:25 PST 2014

Am 04.11.2014 um 05:24 schrieb Stephen Warren:
> Are you able to run "git bisect" to find out which commit introduced the
> problem?
Until now I didn't used "git bisect", but I think I need a "good" and
"bad" commit. Can "git bisect" be used on a rebased tree like linux-next?

I don't know if the USB enumeration on the B+ did work on any
stable/mainline/next tree. I only know that it works on Piotr's tree
which contains non upstream patches:
https://github.com/pietrushnic/rpi-dt-linux/tree/rpi-3.17.y
(But Piotr has only a B rev 2.0 where the USB enumeration worked for him
with linux-next)

Today evening I will try a vanilla 3.17.1 because it is the base of
Piotr's tree. If that works I will try to "git bisect" to mainline to
find the problem commit.
If it does not work on 3.17.1 I try to to find the commit in Piotr's
tree which makes it working on the B+.

Should I got that way, or do you recommend an another way?

> Do you know it the problem affects any RPi, or only B+? I'll try to see
> if it repros on any of my systems tomorrow evening.
I have only a B+ to test here. I think it affects only the B+.

Best regards,
Matthias