Is something using DMA channel 0?

Philip Ashmore contact at philipashmore.com
Wed Nov 6 23:57:26 EST 2013

Hi there.

Please forgive me in advance if I'm posting this question on the wrong list.

I wrote a C++ library to control the Bcm2835 from user space:
v3c-raspi: http://sourceforge.net/projects/v3craspi/

But it appears that something writes to the DMA channel 0 control
register at random intervals - I managed to get the i2s example running
for 5 seconds before the problem occurred. Other times it happens almost
immediately.

I posted this bug originally:

Is something using dma channel 0?
https://bugs.launchpad.net/raspbian/+bug/1231791

Then I found someone else who wanted to do something like it:

How fast is GPIO+DMA? Multi I2S input
http://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/9646/how-fast-is-gpiodma-multi-i2s-input/10287#10287

But no responses to either regarding my issue.

Is this the right place to post this question?

Regards,
Philip Ashmore