Using the FIQ and Bell IRQ for the USB driver

Stephen Warren swarren at wwwdotorg.org
Mon May 13 12:07:43 EDT 2013

On 05/12/2013 12:30 PM, Greg KH wrote:
> On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 07:21:22PM +0100, Simon Arlott wrote:
>>
>> Something to think about for anyone working on an USB host driver...
>
> Is anyone actually working on the USB host driver for this chip?

The DWC2 driver in staging should work on the Pi, I believe.

I did try instantiating it in the upstream kernel, and it probes and IDs
the device OK, but doesn't actually recognize the USB hub/Ethernet
device attached on the model. I think some interrupt for "something is
attached" just isn't happening. Also, plugging anything into the
external USB connectors on either model B or A just resets the board,
although perhaps I need to try a better power supply. I haven't done
anything much to investigate this yet.