DWC2 OTG HS driver submitted

Stephen Warren swarren at wwwdotorg.org
Wed Jan 9 11:49:15 EST 2013

On 01/08/2013 05:19 PM, Seth Jennings wrote:
> Just FYI, Paul Zimmerman posted an early driver (PCI only) for the
> DWC2 OTG HS USB controller on the RPi.  I haven't tried yet, but it
> would interesting to add platform/DT code to this and try it out on
> the RPi.
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.usb.general/77041

FYI, I did hack together a platform driver wrapper, but it doesn't yet
work due to hanging during initialization, and I didn't have time to
look into why at all. This may be due to many factors e.g. I haven't
fully validated all the IP configuration parameters vs. the peripherals
PDF - I just did a very quick pass, and haven't even looked into the
BCM2835's extra registers mentioned in the PDF, nor tested after
explicitly powering on the IP block, although I guess it's on by default
etc. etc. At least the device ID register matches the HW, so there's a
chance it can be made to work!

git://github.com/swarren/linux-rpi.git rpi_usb