[Q] USB is very slow. Is this a known bug?

Stephen Warren swarren at wwwdotorg.org
Mon Nov 5 11:24:54 EST 2012

On 11/04/2012 01:37 PM, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
> Do we at least know the synopsys part number that we need information about?
> Up until your email, I thought the part was a Broadcom part.

I believe it's a Synopsis DesignWare USB controller, which I believe is
a configurable IP block. I have no idea if there are different models of
this (rather than just version numbers for the design)...

IIRC from very briefly looking at some driver for it (probably in the
official Raspberry Pi downstream kernel), there are a ton of
"configuration" registers which indicate the options the HW was built
with, and also a version number for the underlying IP block or
HW-generation tools. Presumably the version number is what identifies
the HW, and all the configuration options would be covered in the
documentation for that version of the HW/HW-generator.