USB support for U-Boot on Raspberry-Pi

Oleksandr Tymoshenko gonzo at bluezbox.com
Sun Jun 17 22:52:37 EDT 2012

On 6/15/2012 10:53 PM, Stephen Warren wrote:
> On 06/15/2012 09:09 PM, Oleksandr Tymoshenko wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Last several weeks I've been working on porting U-Boot to Raspberry Pi
>> (as it turned out in parallel with Stephen Warren)  and today I'm happy
>> to announce that network support works stable enough.
> Excellent!
>
> I have tested this, and even booted a kernel with DT (the patch I posted
> a little while back based on linux-next). A couple gotchas though:
>
> CONFIG_OF_LIBFDT (for DT) or CONFIG_CMDLINE_TAG (for ATAGs) is needed to
> make bootm work.
>
> Much bigger: Oleksandr's U-Boot branch uses the other UART from what the
> kernel usually uses (and that the binary bootloader sets up), so I
> wasn't able to see any output from the kernel until I realized I needed
> to hack U-Boot to put the UART pinmux back to its more usual setting; I
> added the reverse of arch_cpu_init()'s pinmux changes to
> cleanup_before_linux() for testing purposes.
Thanks for testing, Stephen. I cleaned-up sources and replaced non-USB
parts with
code from your patches. With these changes I managed netboot linux
kernel and
get a console output from it (failed at mounting root).

For those who would like to give it a try here is archived content of
"boot" partition:
http://people.freebsd.org/~gonzo/arm/rpi/rpi-uboot.tar.gz