USB HCD driver

Simon Arlott simon at fire.lp0.eu
Sun Jun 3 14:56:15 EDT 2012

On 03/06/12 19:06, Simon Arlott wrote:
> I've looked the v16 version of the APM driver and they don't appear to
> know what they're doing, e.g.
>
> drivers/usb/dwc/cil_intr.c:
> 	BUG_ON(count > 10000);
>
> I'm trying to get it to compile on ARM. The fact that the patches are
> still failing after 16 revisions may have more to do with inability to
> identify unacceptable code than the structure of the code itself.

I'm convinced that they haven't tried to compile and use this code.

It's definitely unable to run. I've removed the spin_lock calls that
try to use a pointer that simply hasn't been set yet, and fixed the
mis-implementation of the interface on dwc_otg_hcd_hub_status_data.

It fails to enable the root port and puts the hcd code into a suspend
/resume loop that I've seen before when writing my own driver.

The code is in rpi-usb2 if anyone else wants to try it.
Configure it for host mode. The little-endian options do nothing because
I had to replace the register accesses with the non-ppc versions.

--
Simon Arlott