USB HCD driver

Stephen Warren swarren at wwwdotorg.org
Sun Jun 3 14:28:59 EDT 2012

On 06/03/2012 12:06 PM, Simon Arlott wrote:
> I'm giving up on writing a USB HCD driver.
>
> There's no specification on how to use the hardware, only a mountain of
> documentation on the driver itself which is needlessly full of wrappers
> making it very difficult to understand what it's actually doing.

I worked a bit on getting U-Boot running on the Raspberry Pi yesterday
(I have a very minimal version working just with the serial port and
timer enabled), with the eventual intention of getting the USB
controller up and running, so I could boot over the network (at least
the kernel and DTB). I was just about to start looking at the USB
controller. The documentation situation sounds unfortunate-(

Do you know if the USB controller is a standard EHCI controller, just
perhaps with some extra knobs for PHY and OTG configuration, or is it
something more complex/unusual?