[PATCH v2 1/5] dt-bindings: soc: rockchip: add boot ROM download boot mode
Alexey Charkov
alchark at flipper.net
Wed Sep 30 06:56:06 PDT 2026
On Wed, Sep 30, 2026 at 3:46 PM Krzysztof Kozlowski <krzk at kernel.org> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Sep 29, 2026 at 02:28:18PM +0400, Alexey Charkov wrote:
> > Rockchip boot ROMs enter USB download mode, commonly known as maskrom,
> > when they find 0xef08a53c in the register they take the boot mode from.
> > Add the magic under the name U-Boot already uses for it, so that boards
> > able to request it can do so symbolically.
> >
> > Tested-by: Shawn Lin <shawn.lin at rock-chips.com>
>
> Drop, you cannot test it.
>
> What is the point of such blanket tags which are not even applicable to
> 50% of patches here?
I'd argue for 40% :-D
Anyway, I get your point. I'll drop the tag from the bindings patches,
because Shawn tested a driver implementing the binding and a DTS
implementing the binding, but it's perhaps far fetched to imply that
the test covered the binding change itself.
Best regards,
Alexey
More information about the Linux-rockchip
mailing list