[PATCH v2 0/2] arm64: dts: rockchip: add ALIENTEK QuarkPi-CA2
BG9OXA
bg9oxa at 163.com
Mon Sep 28 05:01:31 PDT 2026
Hello Andrew,
Thank you for the review, and for the timing guidance - you are right, and my
apologies: v2 went out far too soon after v1. I will hold off on any further
revision until the discussion here has settled, and no sooner than 2-3 working
days. I have also disabled the automated reminder job that had been set up for
this series, so nothing can be resent on its own.
On the phy-mode point in 2/2: you are correct that the value should describe the
PCB, not work around a MAC-internal delay. The RGMII traces on this board are
ordinary length; I used "rgmii-rxid" only because that is what the vendor BSP
(and many Rockchip DTs) do. I will test plain "rgmii" on the hardware with the
current tx_delay/rx_delay values and follow up with the measured results (link
state, throughput, and error counters), and drop the rxid form if it is not
needed.
If you have a preferred way for Rockchip boards to express this - plain "rgmii"
with the delays in the MAC node, or the delay masked in the driver - please say
so and I will prepare it that way.
Two other things I should mention. The enable-active-high issue that sashiko
flagged in 2/2 is already fixed locally and will be included in the next
revision. And for transparency: I prepared this series with the help of AI
tooling, which did the language conversion and consistency checking of the DTS.
I review every line before it is sent, and I will be more careful from here on -
both about the review cadence and about validating the result against the
hardware.
Thanks again,
BG9OXA
More information about the Linux-rockchip
mailing list