[PATCH v3 12/19] drm/mcde: dsi: don't create a panel_bridge

Linus Walleij linusw at kernel.org
Fri Sep 25 09:25:35 PDT 2026


On Thu, Sep 24, 2026 at 10:57 AM Maxime Ripard <mripard at kernel.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 24, 2026 at 09:51:53AM +0200, Linus Walleij wrote:

> > > Linus, unless you have more info I'm going to apply the patch as
> > > is. Removing this special case would be welcome as a later patch.
> >
> > I'd say go ahead as-is.
>
> I'm fine with that, but I really want this removed at some point.

If Luca wanna fix this up (drop this path) that's fine by me,
else send a patch immediately after this is applied and I'll
ACK it.

> > I do have the idea to code up and submit the AV8100 encoder
> > and I have the hardware to test it, but every other user should
> > be using panels directly, and I would be the only non-panel
> > user so I can deal with it when it comes up.
>
> It won't change a thing. All existing "panel" users will be bridge users
> after this patch is merged. So whether you want to enable a bridge or
> not shouldn't matter, the only thing that does is whether the existing
> users would still work.

I know, all it does is create a snag that I would run into myself.

But it's not gonna be a problem for anyone else, that's all I meant.

Yours,
Linus Walleij



More information about the Linux-rockchip mailing list