kernel warning "Static allocation of GPIO base is deprecated, use dynamic allocation."

Diederik de Haas didi.debian at cknow.org
Mon May 27 02:11:10 PDT 2024

Hi,

I've noticed the following warning on my Pine64 Q64-A, Q64-B and PineTab2:
gpio gpiochip0: Static allocation of GPIO base is deprecated, use dynamic allocation.

https://lore.kernel.org/linux-gpio/20230120104647.nwki4silrtd7bt3w@pengutronix.de/
is a thread about that subject and
https://lore.kernel.org/all/20231006125557.212681-1-m.majewski2@samsung.com/
is a patch set which (apparently) fixed it for samsung's pinctrl.

I don't have the skills/knowledge to fix it myself, but I saw quite some
similarities with ``drivers/pinctrl/pinctrl-rockchip.c``, so maybe a similar
solution to that warning can be made for rockchip?

Cheers,
  Diederik