Anbernic RGXX3 devices with later mainline kernels don't boot

Daniel Martin dmanlfc at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 02:33:17 PDT 2024

Hi,

I'm just putting this out there to see if this is known or has been
tested recently.
I have 3 test Anbernic devices based on the RK3566 and all are failing
to start if I use the mainline U-Boot (2024.07) & Kernel (6.9.8).

Devices tested: RG353P, RG503 & RG353V

Issues seen:

Mainline kernel & u-boot = no start or boots to embedded Android
Previous kernel (6.4.16) & mainline u-boot = as above
Mainline kernel (6.6 or 6.9) & supplied u-boot = failing to start kernel.

Working:

Previous mainline kernel 6.4.x & previously supplied u-boot.

Note: The mainline u-boot is written to the 32k offset.
          rk3566_ddr_1056MHz_v1.21.bin & rk3568_bl31_v1.44.elf used for u-boot.

Sorry I don't have any UART output as I don't have an appropriate
screw head to get into these devices and try to wire one up.

Has testing been done recently on these devices as per above?

Kind Regards,

Daniel