[PATCH 0/3 V5] Bluetooth: Add support for RTL8821CS
macroalpha82 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 10:36:54 PDT 2023
From: Chris Morgan <macromorgan at hotmail.com>
This patch series is to add support for the RTL8821CS Bluetooth
controller found on the RTL8821CS WiFi/Bluetooth combo chip.
This has been tested with firmware version 0x75b8f098 which has been
submitted by Realtek for inclusion in linux-firmware.
Changes from V4:
- After extensive testing it was found that there are problems with
using the bluetooth that were not caught with the initial testing.
This can be mitigated by setting the "H5_INFO_WAKEUP_DISABLE" flag.
The easiest way to accomplish that is to change the fallback
compatible string to "realtek,rtl8723bs-bt". Updated the binding
documentation and binding to reflect this. No change to the driver
from V4 was necessary. Removed "reviewed-by" from documentation due
to this change.
Changes from V3:
- Corrected bindings so that all but the 8821 use enum, and 8821 uses
Changes from V2:
- Corrected devicetree documentation to change compatible from const
back to enum.
- Removed "reviewed-by" from Alistair Francis as binding documentation
updated with changes.
Changes from V1:
- Switched to use a fallback string for the rtl8822cs so as to not add
an extra entry to the of_device_id table. The driver is capable of
selecting the correct firmware blob to load.
- Updated the messages to note a new version of the firmware was
tested and that Realtek has submitted this firmware upstream.
- Updated the devicetree node on the Anbernic RGxx3 series to use the
fallback string of realtek,rtl8822cs-bt.
Chris Morgan (3):
dt-bindings: net: realtek-bluetooth: Add RTL8821CS
Bluetooth: hci_h5: btrtl: Add support for RTL8821CS
arm64: dts: rockchip: Update compatible for bluetooth
.../bindings/net/realtek-bluetooth.yaml | 24 ++++++++++++-------
.../dts/rockchip/rk3566-anbernic-rgxx3.dtsi | 2 +-
drivers/bluetooth/btrtl.c | 8 +++++++
3 files changed, 24 insertions(+), 10 deletions(-)
More information about the Linux-rockchip