[RFC 2/4] media: videobuf2: Replace bufs array by a list

Hans Verkuil hverkuil-cisco at xs4all.nl
Tue Mar 14 03:42:46 PDT 2023

Hi David,

On 3/14/23 11:11, David Laight wrote:
> [...]

The typical usage is that applications allocate N buffers with the
VIDIOC_REQBUFS ioctl, and in most cases that's all they use. The
current max is 32 buffers, so allocating that initially (usually
during probe()) will cover all current cases with a single one-time
kzalloc.

Only if the application wants to allocate more than 32 buffers will
there be a slight overhead.

Regards,

	Hans