rk3588 tsadc

Heiko Stübner heiko at sntech.de
Wed Jun 14 08:16:01 PDT 2023

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, 14. Juni 2023, 16:56:31 CEST schrieb Vincent Legoll:
> when testing the latest collabora rk3588 branch, I see the
> following kernel message:
>
> rockchip-thermal fec00000.tsadc: Missing rockchip,grf property
>
> Is this something on my end or is the
> arch/arm64/boot/dts/rockchip/rk3588s.dtsi
> file missing a rockchip,grf line ?

In the thermal adc, the GRF is optional, so not required.

The code for the rk3588 defines a tsadc register RK3588_GRF0_TSADC_TRM
that is used to define the way to shutdown in an over-temp case.

Though right now the code doesn't use it.

So on a technical side, there is nothing going wrong right now ;-) .
Though I guess the message could get an improvement to say something
like "Missing optional rockchip,grf property" ... adding the optional in.

And of course someone could still add the grf prop to the rk3588 dt
for future use of the existing defines.

Heiko